PALEO BITES RECIPE
½ cup almond butter
½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
¼ cup organic blue agave nectar
1 cup organic shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup goji berries
½ cup figues or dates
½ cup raisins
1/4 tsp sea salt
This is the easiest recipe you will ever make! Here’s how to do it:
1. On stove top, lightly toast nuts and seeds in an un-greased pan until just starting to turn brown. Flipping nuts in pan frequently to prevent burning.
2. Place toasted nuts in a mixing bowl with coconut oil. The heat from the nuts will melt the coconut oil, and save you a step in melting the oil first.
3. Place all other ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
4. Lightly brush muffin pans, mini muffin pans, or any baking tray that as individual holders. (I use mini muffin pans, hence Paleo ‘Bites’). Spoon batter into each holder, making sure to press batter down firmly.
5. Place tray in freezer for 15-20 minutes until paleo bites set.
6. Remove carefully by running a knife around the edges.
7. Eat and enjoy!
NOTE: Paleo bites WILL start to melt if left out at room temperature for more than 15 minutes. On a summer day…make that 5 minutes ;) Keep them in an air tight sealed container in your fridge and eat as a healthy afternoon snack or an after workout treat.
Recipe from Almond Butterfly